My life, served with a hefty side of pop culture.

Sunday, October 18

Dragonette Concert Review!



So last night, I had the privilege of obtaining two tickets ($20 each - I know right? I would have paid way more!) to the Dragonette show at Venue in Vancouver. As usual, the show was slated to begin at 7:30pm (or so the tickets suggested), however, an opening band played until about 9ish.

Dragonette chose to start of the night with their most recognizable song, I Get Around. The performance was gold, and a great way to hype up the crowd for the evening. The band actually played quite a few songs through out the night, which was pretty impressive.

 True Believer, my most anticipated song besides Fixin' To Thrill, was a great performance. The only unfortunate thing I'd have to say about it though was that they tried to rock it up a bit more than it is on the album, and I much prefer the slower version that Galore provides.

They closed the show with everyones favorite, Fixin' to Thrill, which was an extremely energetic, lively performance. I totally loved it, and was sad to see them go at the end of the song.

However, once off the stage, it only took about 30 seconds of clapping in anticipation for an encore to get them right back up there....and perform the biggest disaster of a song ever!! Don't get me wrong, it was cute how she stated that she sang this song to her husband on their wedding day, but the song was so banjo-country-rock-I-don't-even-know-what that it was definitely a ridiculous final impression to leave the audience with!

Throughout the show, Martina (the lead singer) was adorable! Constantly smiling, flipping her hair, and chattin' it up with the audience in between songs, she was so hard not to love. About halfway through the night it seemed to me that she was getting a sore throat or something to that effect, as she was having trouble with some of the higher notes, but regardless, she plowed right through them like a trooper!

All in all though, the show was a blast - definitely worth the measly $20 bucks!

I <3 Dragonette!

(I'll leave you with the music video for their hot single, "Fixin' to Thrill")


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home