My life, served with a hefty side of pop culture.

Sunday, September 20

My Days in Winnipeg are FINALLY Coming to an End!

My new home.


Hey everyone!

So yesterday I got back from my 3 day trip to Vancouver. LOTS TO COVER.

First of all, my mission was to find an apartment, and check out my new Starbucks: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

My new store is at Dawson and Gilmore (as a reminder, I just think "Dawson's Creek" & "Gilmore Girls" - what?) and it's totally awesome. It's located in Brentwood, which is an area in North Burnaby. It's a beautiful store with some great staff that I'm super pumped to get to know. It also happens to be a stones throw away from my new apartment.

My apartment is basically unreal. OMA, otherwise known as "One Madison Avenue", is situated a block away from my new Starbucks store. It's a beautiful 20-something high rise, and is almost too good to be true. It's a 2 bed 2 bath, and the building houses an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, and gym. You better believe I'm expecting people to come visit me, as I need to make use of these amenities!!

The trip itself was quite stressful at first, as we had been turned down by a couple landlords due to inadequate finances. But then we met our new landlord, a sweet, older gentleman who owns the unit who was very understanding of our situation, and my sister and I were finally able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Although I can't be happier about what's to come for me in Vancouver, I have to admit, I'm really struggling with the reality of the next few days. I'll be saying goodbye to a lot of people I love. Some who are co-workers I see every day, others who are friends I see on the weekends, but all are people that are going to be difficult to leave behind. I really do cherish my time I've spent with you all, and I sincerely hope I see you all again. And if there's any one piece of advice I can leave for all of you, it's this: whatever it is that you've longed for all your life, don't let the opportunity to experience it pass you by.

So now, with just over a week left in Winnipeg, I've gotta say that I'm glad I finally made this choice. A choice I've known for a long time that I'd eventually have to make. A choice that would determine the trajectory of the rest of my life.

My life in Vancouver (and not in GOD-FORSAKEN WINNIPEG!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home